Making sure the way a venue space is laid out can help make your guests feel relaxed and will also encourage engagement. Choosing the wrong layout will often leave your guests feeling frustrated, unengaged and unwilling to join disussions.
In this blog we will explain the various room layout options and provide the pros and cons for each, which will hopefully allow you to decide which layout will work well with your event or meeting.
As an event organiser you need to understand what you want to gain from your event, be it a team meeting or a multi-day conference.
It is always a good idea to ask yourself the following:
- How many people will be attending?
- Will the event be in person, or will it be a hybrid event with guests attending virtually?
- Will you need catering? If so then additional rooms may be needed or room capacities may be reduced to accommodate additional tables.
- Will you need exhibitors? If so, this will reduce the amount of room.
- What AV will be needed for the event – are you filming, if so that may reduce the amount of room, are you putting the event on a live stream, will there be presentations, Q&A sessions, or breakouts?
- Will some level of social distancing still be required as a precaution?
Once you have these questions answered and chosen the right venue, then you can talk to the venue’s meeting and events coordinators to discuss the room and layout options available.