Over the course of the 19th and 20th centuries, the building continued to be used by industry.
In 1871, the famous brewer for Oldbury and Birmingham, Walter Showell & Sons, moved in. By the early 20th Century, the Birmingham venue had multiple occupants – a garage, a cycle company, a paint manufacturer, and a manufacturer of Iglodine, which was used in factory first aid boxes.
Being in a city centre location, the warehouse was the perfect place for storage.
Suppliers stored various goods there, including lime, cement, wartime gas, and even bunting for celebrating King George VI’s coronation!