As part of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), a registered charity, we are passionate about our environmental policy and the well-being of our staff and customers, keeping every part of our service flexible and adaptable.
All venues in the IET Venues group are fully committed to reducing their impact on the environment, and as such IET Birmingham: Austin Court has adopted the following approach across all events.
How are we reducing our environmental impact?
- We operate an on-site water purification system to eliminate unnecessary water bottle transportation
- We use conference pads and pens made from recycled materials
- We rigorously turn off all lighting and air conditioning when not in use
- We promote our video conferencing facilities for both internal and external events to reduce unnecessary travel
- We use low energy light bulbs wherever possible
- We use Fairtrade products for all teas and coffees throughout
TCW's carbon calculator allows you to evaluate the level of greenhouse gas emissions associated with your travel to and from our venue.