Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The IET has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and like many other organisations, we are making preparations to delay and mitigate the impact of the virus to protect our staff, members, volunteers and everyone we work with.
As part of our contingency planning, we have adopted a three-stage response being led by the UK Government’s updates on the situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak. The key stages we are following are Contain; Delay and Mitigate.
Following the Prime Ministers’ briefing on Monday 16 March and the update in the UK Government’s guidance, the IET has made the following decisions:
- As of 18 March, both IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court will be closed to the public and will remain closed until further notice.
- The closure dates of both venues will be reviewed on a weekly basis and updates provided on our website should the situation change.
- The Faraday Centre at Savoy Place and other member facilities will also be closed during this time, therefore, unfortunately, free room/booth/table bookings can no longer be honoured.
- Our colleagues at Savoy Place and Austin Court will work remotely during the closure period and are available to help with any queries. If you need to contact a member of the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Savoy Place or email@example.com for Austin Court.
- If you were due to attend an IET event in either Savoy Place or Austin Court during the closure period please contact the event organiser for the latest information. IET event customer services can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The health and safety of anyone that works at and visits our venues is of paramount importance to us. We will continue to follow guidance provided by the World Health Organisation and the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and proactively support ongoing efforts to contain the virus. We will keep our website updated as the situation progresses.
Support for members
If any members require further support during this time, the IET’s benevolent fund, Foothold is available. If you have an urgent enquiry, please ring +44 (0)20 7344 5498 or e-mail Contact.Us@MyFoothold.org. The helpline is open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can visit the Foothold website.