Location and transport
Our location in the heart of the city means that IET Birmingham: Austin Court is fully accessible by all major transport links across the Midlands and is conveniently located seconds from the National Indoor Arena. We have listed some directions below from the most popular transport routes. If you need any further assistance, please contact a member of the venue team who will be happy to help.
Walking from Birmingham New Street Station
Allow 10-15 minutes to walk this route:
- Leave the station via the 'Victoria Square' exit, keeping Boots to your left
- When you exit the station you will see the Burlington Hotel across the road
- Turn left and take the pedestrian crossing next to Diesel
- Keeping Diesel to your right, head up Stephenson Street
- Bear right onto Pinfold Street, the Post Office will be on your left
- Take the path between the Town Hall (on your left) and Victoria Square statue (on your right) following signposts for Paradise Forum, Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena
- Cross over Chamberlain Square and go through the main entrance to Paradise Forum
- Take the exit between Spar and Wetherspoons, walk across the bridge onto Centenery Square keeping the Cenotaph to your left
- Keeping the new Library and The Rep to your right, take the path between The Rep and The ICC
- At the roundabout turn left, keep The Prince of Wales public house to your left and you will see IET Birmingham: Austin Court just ahead of you on Cambridge Street
Download our walking map (1253k)
National Rail Travel – lines to Birmingham New Street Station
- Virgin Trains
- Wrexham & Shropshire
- CrossCountry Trains
- Chiltern Railways
- Arriva Trains Wales
London trains travel from London Euston
N.B Do not leave the train at Birmingham International station.
To Snow Hill Station
(Chiltern Railways, some Centro services from Hereford, and Metro service from Wolverhampton)
- Ascend into Colmore Row and turn right.
- At the end of Colmore Row, across Victoria Square, is the Town Hall (modeled on a Grecian Temple).
- Turn right, follow the ramp around the edge of the arena and just to the left of the main entrance to the Central Library and behind Priestley's statue, a signpost to Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena points to the entrance to Paradise Forum.
- Walk through the Mall and exit over the footbridge into Centenary Square, passing the Hall of Memory on your left.
- Continue towards the ICC and Birmingham Repertory Theatre, turn right in front of the International Convention Centre to meet Cambridge St. Turn left, follow the road until you reach IET Birmingham: Austin Court on your left.
The easiest routes are buses to Broad Street or Cambridge Street, where you can then follow the walking directions to IET Birmingham: Austin Court from above through the ICC on Broad Street.
For Midland Metro routes, see the Travel Metro Website.
The easiest option is to type in our postcode ‘B1 2NP’ into a route finder or satnav, which will direct you straight to IET Birmingham: Austin Court.
There is limited parking outside the venue. If the car park is full, the nearest parking is at the National Indoor Arena (pay-and-display). There is also limited street parking (meters) in side streets opposite the NIA, also on the south side of Broad St (A456).
Birmingham Newhall Street car park is the closest car park at 0.6 miles away.
For more information on parking, go to the NCP website
From the airports
Birmingham International Airport
One stop to Birmingham New Street station or various bus routes to the City Centre and Broad Street
East Midlands Airport
National Express coach services run to Birmingham as well as connections to the Mainline Rail Network. The airport is also conveniently for travel to Birmingham via the A42 road connection.
IET Birmingham: Austin Court is adjacent to Tindal Bridge, at the top of Farmers Bridge Locks where the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal joins the Wolverhampton Main Line.